Paramount+ is a popular streaming service with thousands of TV episodes, movies, and exclusive originals. It offers both ad-supported and ad-free plans starting at $4.99 per month. While Paramount+ provides great entertainment value, you may decide you want to cancel for any number of reasons.
Fortunately, canceling Paramount+ is easy and straightforward. The steps depend on how and where you originally signed up for the service. This comprehensive guide covers how to cancel Paramount+ on every major platform and device.
How to Cancel Paramount+
To cancel, you can use the steps below relevant to the device or platform that you used to for Paramount+.
If you signed up for Paramount+ on your desktop, mobile web, smart TV (LG TV, Vizio TV, Samsung TV), or gaming console (Xbox, PS4 or PS5), please use the cancel instruction below.
- Visit paramountplus.com and click on username in the upper righthand corner.
- Click “Account.”
- Scroll down and click “Cancel subscription.”
IMPORTANT: If you subscribed to Paramount+ on another billing platform, like the App Store, Google Play, Amazon or Roku, you’ll need to return to that platform to cancel your subscription using the steps below.
iPhone or iPad
If you signed up for Paramount+ via the App Store, use the steps below, or visit support.apple.com to contact Apple Support.
On your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions. (If you don’t see “Subscriptions,” tap “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap Paramount+.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see “Cancel Subscription,” the subscription is already canceled and won’t renew.
- Tap Confirm.
Apple TV (4th generation and later)
On Apple TV, you can edit subscriptions only for tvOS apps that are installed on that Apple TV.
- Open Settings.
- Select Users & Accounts, then select your account.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription that you want to manage, then select Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then the subscription is already canceled and won’t renew.
Android phone, tablet or TV
If you signed up for Paramount+ via on your Android device or TV through the Google Play store, please use the steps below, or visit support.google.com/googleplay to cancel.
Note: Uninstalling an app on your Android TV will not cancel your subscription. To change or cancel a subscription, you need a phone or computer.
- On a phone or computer, go to g.co/play/subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
If you purchased your Paramount+ subscription via Amazon/Fire TV, please follow the steps below. If you need support, please visit amazon.com/firetvsupport for quick solutions.
- Go to “Your Memberships and Subscriptions” (amazon.com/yourmembershipsandsubscriptions)
- Select “Manage Subscription” next to the subscription you’d like to cancel.
- Click the link under “Manage Your Prime Video Channels.”
- Under the “Prime Video Channels” section, find the subscription you wish to cancel,
- Select “Cancel Channel” and confirm.
If you signed up for Paramount+ via your Roku Streaming device, you can use the steps below. For support, please visit support.roku.com.
- Go to your home screen**.**
- Choose the Paramount+ channel and press the “*” button on the Roku remote.
- Select Manage Subscription.
- Choose Cancel Subscription.
If you signed up for Paramount+ on Prime Video, you’ll need to visit amazon.com/contact-us for account support.
Apple TV channel
If you signed up for Paramount+ through Apple TV channel, please click here to contact Apple Customer Support for assistance. You might also find this article helpful:
Can I re-subscribe to Paramount+ if I cancel my subscription?
Yes, you can resubscribe to Paramount+ at any time after canceling. Your account and profile details will still be saved (unless you requested full account deletion), so reactivating is quick and easy.
To resume your subscription, simply follow the sign-up process on paramountplus.com or via your previous subscription platform like Roku or Amazon. Enter your email address and password and your account will be reactivated with access to Paramount+ restored.
If you don’t remember your sign-in credentials, use the “Forgot Password” link during sign-in to reset and get back into your account.
Some things to note about re-subscribing to Paramount+:
- Your watch history and favorites will still be there if you reactivate within 90 days of canceling. After 90 days they are deleted.
- You may not get the exact same subscription plan or price if plans and pricing has changed since you canceled. But you can select any current available plan when re-subscribing.
- If you want to change email address or payment method, you’ll need to create a new account instead. Your old account can only be reactivated as-is.
- Any promotional or discounted pricing you had previously may not still apply when reactivating. The current regular pricing will be charged on re-subscription.
So in summary, yes, you can easily resume your Paramount+ membership after a cancellation. Just sign-up again whenever you want access back to the streaming service.
What happens when you cancel Paramount+?
Here are some key things that happen after canceling your Paramount+ subscription:
- Immediate access stops – Once you complete the cancellation steps, you will no longer be able to stream Paramount+ content. Access stops right away.
- Billing ends – You will not be charged any subsequent monthly or annual fees. No more Paramount+ costs on your credit card or other payment method.
- Profile remains – Your Paramount+ account and profile are not deleted, unless you specifically request full account closure. Your details like watchlist remain (for 90 days).
- Content deletes in 90 days – Watch history, favorites, and other account data is retained for 90 days after canceling, then is wiped from Paramount+ servers.
- Can reactivate anytime – You can restart your subscription easily at any point by re-signing up. Account details persist to make reactivating simple.
- No cancellation fees – Paramount+ does not charge any cancellation fees or penalize you for closing your account. No hassles!
So in summary, canceling discontinues your access and billing immediately, while your account data hangs around for 90 days. Reactivating later is easy to do.
Common questions about canceling Paramount+
Will my payment method continue to be charged after I cancel?
No, your credit card, PayPal, or other payment method on file will not be charged for Paramount+ after you successfully cancel the subscription. Billing ends immediately on cancellation.
Some important notes:
- If you cancel mid-billing cycle, you may see one final charge to complete out the full month or year you already paid for. No partial refunds are issued.
- Check bank/card statements over the next couple billing cycles to ensure no erroneous charges. Dispute promptly with Paramount if found.
- Remove saved payment details from your Paramount+ account after canceling to prevent accidental renewals.
What happens to my profile and watch history if I cancel Paramount+?
Your Paramount+ account itself is not deleted with cancellation, though content and data will eventually expire:
- Account details like profile, watchlist, and favorites remain for 90 days after canceling.
- Your viewing history, recommendations, and other account data is retained for 90 days, then deleted.
- After 90 days, only basic account info like email/password persist. All activity data erase.
- You can request full account deletion during cancellation. This permanently removes everything immediately.
So your profile and watch activity stick around for 3 months, allowing you to easily reactivate if desired. After 90 days, all usage data is removed from Paramount+ systems.
Can I get a refund for unused months if I cancel early?
Unfortunately, Paramount+ does not offer prorated refunds for any unused subscription period already paid for. When you cancel, your access immediately stops, but no partial refund is provided.
- If you paid annually and cancel 6 months into your term, you will not be refunded for the remaining 6 months. Access simply ends when canceled.
- If you pay monthly and cancel mid-cycle, you will not receive a refund for the remainder of that month. Access stops on cancellation date.
Paramount+ will not charge you any additional months/years after you cancel. But you forfeit any remaining prepaid time left in the current billing cycle.
What’s the easiest way to cancel Paramount+ on my iPhone or iPad?
The easiest way to cancel Paramount+ on an iPhone or iPad is directly through your iOS Settings:
- Open Settings and tap your Apple ID name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Under Active select Paramount+.
- Tap Cancel Subscription and confirm.
Your Paramount+ subscription will be immediately canceled and billing stopped. Canceling directly through iOS Settings is the most straightforward way.
You can also cancel by contacting Apple Support. Or uninstalling the Paramount+ app itself will trigger cancellation, though Settings is quicker.
Can I rewatch shows or movies after canceling Paramount+?
No, once you cancel your Paramount+ subscription you can no longer stream any content on the service, including shows/movies you were watching or have in your watchlist.
Any Paramount+ originals, CBS shows, Star Trek, movies, live sports or other programming requires an active subscription. Your access completely stops when canceled.
If you reactivate Paramount+ later, you’ll regain access to stream content again. But during any canceled period, all streaming stops, even for previously watched or saved shows.
What’s the easiest device to cancel Paramount+ on?
The easiest way to cancel Paramount+ is through a web browser on a computer:
- Go to paramountplus.com
- Click your profile icon > Account
- Select Cancel Subscription
- Confirm cancellation
Doing it directly through Paramountplus.com allows instantly canceling without the extra steps on mobile apps or TV platforms.
You can also call Paramount+ customer service to request cancellation over the phone if you prefer.
Do I lose my playlists or watch history if I reactivate later?
If you resume your Paramount+ subscription within 90 days of canceling, your full account details like playlists and watch history remain intact.
Anything in your Paramount+ account at time of cancellation gets retained for those 90 days. Reactivating in that window brings everything back as-is.
But after 90 days, all watch history, favorites, playlists and other activity data is deleted from Paramount+ servers. At that point, only your basic account profile persists. Reactivating after 90 days means starting fresh – you’ll lose watch progress, lists, etc.
So if you restart within 3 months, everything is preserved. But after 90 days your activity data gets wiped.
Can I cancel Paramount+ on my Smart TV?
You cannot directly cancel Paramount+ from a smart TV like Roku TV or Samsung TV. However, here are the steps to cancel depending on how you subscribed:
If you subscribed on a mobile device or paramountplus.com:
- Use that same device to cancel following the above instructions.
If you subscribed via Roku:
- On a computer, visit my.roku.com and manage subscriptions. Cancel Paramount+.
If you subscribed via Apple TV:
- On iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Subscriptions and cancel.
If you subscribed via Amazon Fire TV:
- On a computer, visit amazon.com/mytv and cancel Paramount+.
So while you can’t directly cancel on the smart TV itself, use the supporting platform (Roku account, Fire TV account, etc.) to cancel the subscription tied to your TV.
What if I’m having trouble canceling Paramount+?
If you run into trouble canceling your Paramount+ subscription, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Carefully re-read all the cancellation steps for your specific platform/device and try again. Mistakes here are common.
- Try canceling through a different device like mobile, TV or computer.
- Contact Paramount+ support online or by phone for 1-on-1 cancellation assistance.
- As a last resort, you can request new card from your bank to stop payments if unable to cancel.
- Keep trying – cancellation difficulty typically comes from user error or tech glitches and resolves with persistence.
With practice and help if needed, you should be able to successfully cancel Paramount+ via one of the supported platforms. Reach out to customer service if still unable to cancel after multiple attempts.
What’s the downside of canceling Paramount+?
The main downsides of canceling your Paramount+ subscription are:
- Lose immediate access to stream shows, movies, live sports and other content. All viewing stops when canceled.
- Watch history and account data gets deleted after 90 days, lost if you re-subscribe later.
- May spend more resubscribing later if Paramount+ raises prices or your promo pricing expires.
- Lose the convenience of having shows and movies available to watch anytime.
- Can’t finish any Paramount+ shows you’re actively following week-to-week.
So be prepared to lose access, pay more if re-subscribing, and say goodbye to account data like watch history when canceling Paramount+. Weigh these factors when making a cancellation decision.
Closing Thoughts on Canceling Paramount+
Canceling Paramount+ is quick and straightforward across all major devices and platforms. Just visit the service cancellation page on the site or app where you originally subscribed.
Take a close look at your continued costs, usage levels, and enjoyment of Paramount+ when deciding if canceling is right for you. Remember access stops immediately after cancellation.
If you do cancel and later want to come back, simply restart your subscription within your existing account. Account data persists for 90 days, making reactivating easy during that window.
With this guide, you now understand the ins and outs of canceling your Paramount+ account. Follow the steps for your specific platform, consider the downsides, and enjoy the subscription savings after a cancellation.